Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dancers in the Desert II

Part I / Part II

Jace

Photographing dancers in the serene and stark beauty of the the desert, a mere dream of an idea, became a reality as I worked in Utah for the past few weeks.  In and amongst a crazy schedule putting up a new Disney show, I found a time and set out with Jace in the early evening to capture thrilling photos on the red rocks.  I have known Jace for quite some time now and he is not only one of the most dynamic, strong and graceful dancers I know, but he is also a beautiful human being.  It was a perfect collaboration in stunning Saint George.

Cheetah + Rhiann

I ran into the acro couple Cheetah + Rhiann while I was hiking The Narrows in Zion - I instantly knew that I wanted to connect to these two as they had an amazing energy about them (strangers yet familiar in the sense that artists relate to each other instantly).  I had my tripod set up to shoot the landscape and in the moment talked to them about "Dancers in the Desert."  They were completely game and excited to do a few shots in the water.  Little did I know that they were on a life adventure of their own, getting married across the states and world! ((Check out their adventures on Instagram))

I love that life and nature present incredible, one of kind collaborations and unforgettable moments with strangers and friends alike.











































No comments:

Post a Comment