Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fresh Faces: Karissa

Get to know a bit about Karissa - making her Broadway debut in Shuffle Along this Spring!


What is the coolest thing about being a part of a Broadway show from the ground up? 

     It's incredible to witness the creative process and to see an idea evolve into a full-blown production. I love that I've had the opportunity to watch all of the layers come together through George and Savion's collaboration (referencing George Wolfe - director/author + Savion Glover - choreographer and legendary hoofer).  They're both wonderful storytellers in their crafts.  After over a year of working on this, it's amazing to finally see the show on a stage in a theatre with all the works. 

Any life lessons you have learned from someone in your cast? 

      Everyone in this cast is so incredibly talented and wise so it's difficult to pick just one thing they've taught me. But based simply off of what I've observed in the room, I'm seeing how important it is to always reach for more and be fearless about taking risks. Seeing artists of this caliber constantly challenging themselves and exploring new possibilities in the work has given me an understanding of how you get from good to great. 

How do you stay healthy with the crazy rehearsal schedule and long tech hours?


   I make sure to find a quiet corner and rest for a few moments. Taking time for myself to breathe and clear my mind has been a great way to rejuvenate myself throughout the day. 

We are so excited for Karissa and her debut this Spring! Be sure to check her out - Shuffle Along is currently in Previews and Opens April 28, 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment